Required background: Housebuilding
Our Client is a well-respected housebuilder, looking to onboard a Design & Specification Manager, reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director.
This candidate will most likely have interior design or architectural experience, or perhaps a background in a technical department looking to utilise their existing skills in a wider role.
- Responsible for the internal design and layouts on a bespoke range of property types, we have no standard house types and as such each development has to be designed from scratch to fit the target markets lifestyle requirements
- Working with the heads of several departments in the business to drive through design requirements
- The ability to pre plan electrical and heating positions/layouts
- Creating and managing a 3 tier specification master document
- Meeting with suppliers and selecting all specification items within a set budget
- Visit and research local and national competitors to identify trends and ideas to incorporate within the business
- A close attention to detail and the ability to work with plans and drawings in various formats including CAD
- A focus on adding value to the business through design and specification excellence
- Working on a wide range of product types and price ranges from £300K to £1.5m