Required Background: Housebuilding
An individual is required to identify and secure potential strategic development opportunities, through option agreements or similar, throughout the UK. You will need to manage project teams and resources effectively throughout the planning and development process and subsequently negotiate the purchase of the sites on a viable and deliverable basis to enable an effective start on site. You will be required to develop and maintain strong relationships at a high level with external parties including landowners, agents, consultants and local authorities.
Responsibilities to Include:
- The ideal candidate will have a track record of successfully securing and delivering large-scale development sites through the planning system with the necessary high level contacts amongst landowners, agents, consultants and local authorities.
- Negotiate and implement option, partnership and other legal agreements managing our legal advisers and agents, with landowners/agents, local authorities, statutory undertakers and other organisations/ agencies.
- Direct and co-ordinate project teams throughout the planning and development process
- Liaise, consult and negotiate with relevant external organisations/agencies.
- Monitor and update market, financial and other information relating to projects.
- Monitor Central, Regional and Local Government policy, guidance and advice.
- Prepare monthly reports for Board regarding progress on strategic land projects and attend the monthly Board meetings.
- Ensure continued professional and managerial development.
- Contact and maintain links with existing and potential introducing agents.
- Represent the Company at public and private project related consultative events, committee meetings and other functions and with joint venture partners, liaison committees, government departments, local authorities, residents associations and the general public.