Required background: Refurbishment
This is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and expanding rural estate business with over 10,000 acres of land and a diverse portfolio of c.170 residential and commercial properties.
We are looking for a proven Small Works Manager to be responsible for delivering planned and reactive maintenance across the Estate’s buildings and managing an internal labour team. Whilst some projects will be smaller (£50,000 – 100,000) and centered around refurbishment, there will be bigger jobs of up to £800,000 to convert redundant agricultural buildings into high quality homes and commercial space. You will also appoint external contractors where appropriate.
In terms of background we require:
- Construction background in Site or Project Management
- Contractual understanding, be able to assess risk
- Industry qualifications: SMSTS, First Aid, Asbestos, Scaffold etc
- Commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Listed building exposure would be a benefit