Required background: Housebuilding
Our Client is a niche developer operating primarily in the South East, looking for a Senior Land Manager to join the team.
As an individual, it will suit an entrepreneurial self starter with the ability to operate independently and take control of bringing new projects forward, reporting into the Land Director and being present at the offices once a week for meetings.
• Maintain a high profile with external property contacts by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the divisional geographical area, in pursuit of opportunities for the company.
• Act as a conduit between the Land and other internal departments to ensure opportunities are optimised and effective working relationships are developed to assist in the land acquisition process.
• Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Health & Safety Policy in order to ensure a safe environment within the department.
• With ultimate responsibility for site appraisals, ensure that acquisition proposals are presented in an objective and professional manner, with required input from other departments.
• In liaison with the Technical Department, responsible for appointment of external professionals and consultants in relation to site appraisal and if required, ultimately project management of certain opportunities.
• Ensure that land procurement is compliant with annual budgets and forecasts and that requirements for land acquisition are fully complied with.
• Responsible for all projects from initial site identification, appraisal and approval to the point of purchase and implementable planning consent being obtained, in line with budgets; and for liaising with all internal departments and external consultants/authorities accordingly.