Required background: Housebuilding
A Senior Development Manager is required to co-ordinate the skills and resources of each function within the organisation, together with appointing and managing external consultants, to ensure that each development is optimised through effective management. Take responsibility for the progress and procurement of new developments through the technical, legal, planning and financial stages, from securing the project to project completion.
Responsibilities to include:
• Prepare a comprehensive design brief to correspond with market research and conditions
• Oversees a range of legal contracts covering land assembly, construction, development management agreements, joint venture agreements
• Ensures that any legal restrictions, such as covenants are complied with
• Appoints external consultants where necessary to meet the procurement programme
• Liaise and consults with local authority planners and submits applications in conjunction with in house planning department. Ensures planning conditions are met
• Monitors budgets on a monthly- basis or more frequently where necessary
• Responsible for the financial reporting on the performance of developments with monthly updates submitted to the divisional board
• Capable of conceptualising projects and managing the delivery of the key stages
• Excellent leadership, communication and project management skills
• Pro-active style and drive, coupled with a real commitment to consensus and team work
• Hold a recognised degree or appropriate professional degree
• An ability to priorities and delegate as appropriate, to ensure all aspects of the job are completed to standard and on time.