Required Background: Housebuilding
An opportunity exists for an exceptional Planner to strengthen our clients team, who are in a strong position to expand their land bank and grow the business, acquiring further sites within an hour of their offices in Oxfordshire.
This role could suit an individual from Consultancy, development or with a local authority background.
- Advising the Land Team of emerging development opportunities based on the LPA’s housing land supply position, local plan position, and assessing the growth hierarchy of individual settlements
- Preparing and submitting planning appeals for informal Hearings
- Presenting at Planning Committees and Town and Parish Council meetings
- Experience in managing and preparing all kinds of planning applications, including applications for permitted development and change of use
- Preparing and managing planning applications through to determination; including managing and directing a team of specialist consultants
- Producing site appraisals
- Preparing planning appeal documents
- Preparing comprehensive Planning Statements to support applications for development
- Managing public consultation processes: including setting up websites, producing leaflets and exhibition boards and engagement with parish councils and local community groups
- Preparation and submission of major planning applications, promoting strategic sites through the Local Plan
- Experience in delivering high quality reports and the submission of major planning applications to a set deadline.
- Regular attendance at relevant seminars and CPD’s to ensure up to date working knowledge of the planning system.